Editor’s Note: This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. For full details visit the disclosures page.
Mattress sales happen around minor holidays and 4th of July is no exception. You will find all sorts of deals online and in traditional retailers such as Macy’s, Sear and Mattress Firm. So, how do you get the best 4th of July mattress deal? Here are some quick pointers. But if you don’t want to fight through all the flyers and online ads, I have highlighted some of my favorite deals based on actually trying the mattress, price and overall value. There are thousands of deals that are available but I have put together some of the highlights that I think are worth noting.
Sleep Sherpa’s 2018 4th of July Mattress Buying Guide
- 4th of July sales offer great prices so chances are you will get their best pricing of the year
- Be clear on the trial period. In my opinion, the trial period is much more important than the warranty.
- Opt for buying a mattress with a free return policy.
- Be wary of free returns for store credit. Ultimately you want your cash back so you have the freedom to purchase from any retailer.
- Try before you buy. Most people don’t have the ability to try the online mattress brands before buying but at least try out a foam and/or hybrid mattress before committing to buying one, especially if you have never slept on one before. This will give you more confidence that you are buying the right type of mattress.
- Understand your firmness preferences before heading out. If you and your partner have considerably different firmness preferences, you may want to look at buying two different mattresses in twin xl size and putting them side by side to make a king mattress. This will make both of you happier and sleep much better.
- Look for bundle deals. Many mattress retailers will through in free pillows sheets or even an adjustable base with purchase. If you are in the market for an adjustable base, this is a great time to buy.
- Beware of “Deals”. Some retailers offer big discounts but they are discounting already high markups. Compare the discounted price to similar options online to get a better sense if they are offering a true discount.
My Top 4th of July Mattress Picks
Allswell $855 (Queen)
Get a premium quality mattress. Choose from the classic all foam or the spring and foam hybrid which is firmer. Both feel great and come with free shipping and returns. You can outfit your whole bedroom with their selection of celebrity designer sheets, shams and pillows, just choose your look and you’re ready to go. Get $150 your purchase with coupon code SHERPA150 at checkout. Learn why Allswell is the Breakout Brand of 2018.
Nectar Mattress $725 (Queen)
Nectar is consistently a great value. So while they aren’t necessarily offering a special sale during the 4th, they are an incredible value year round and should set the bar in terms of price and quality for what you can get. Nectar offers an astounding 365-night trial where you can basically try the mattress for a year and if not satisfied get a full refund. Read our full Nectar Mattress Review
If memory foam isn’t your thing, check out the lineup from Brentwood Home. These mattresses are American made from California and exude quality and craftsmanship. Compare these mattresses to high-end models you will find in Bloomingdales. My favorite among this line is still the Oceano.
Another awesome brand is Brooklyn Bedding. Based out of Phoenix, Arizona. This company is factory direct which means they make all their mattresses in house and pass the savings on to you. They use all the latest generation foams and ship super quick. All their mattresses come with a 120-night trial. Right now you can get 20% off mattresses and 30% off accessories.
Eight Sleep is a very tech-centric mattress. The smart cover will track your sleep and will integrate with your Amazon Alexa to report back how you slept and can even integrate with other smart devices to optimize your sleep and save you time.
Sales from other Online Brands
Agility Bed: Use code FOURTH to get $150 off your new hybrid mattress. Shop Agility
My Green Mattress: $175 off every mattress – (twin or larger) with coupon code SLEEPSHERPA175. I often recommend the Natural Escape model for kids getting their first big kid bed as it is all natural, affordable and feels great so if you have guests that need to use the mattress they will enjoy it too. Shop My Green Mattress
Purple: For a limited time, get a pillow, seat cushion, sheets, or mattress protector with mattress purchase! Shop Purple.
Amazon 4th of July Mattress Sales
Normally Amazon saves their best deals for Amazon Prime Day so while they usually have good pricing, I would hold out until Prime Day. That said. If you are looking for an inexpensive mattress that has been getting great reivews, check out the Linenspa Mattress.
Linenspa 8 inch memory foam mattress 170.99 (Queen) – This is listed as an Amazon Choice product.
I found the 8 inch Linenspa to be firm so if you want something plush but still a really good value check out this one:
Zinus Green Tea 12 inch mattress with waterproof mattress protector $287.94 (Queen)
Brick and Mortar Independence Day Deals
If you want to shop local this year, here’s a roundup of sales going on at some of the larger mattress retailers. Of course there are probably some local mattress stores near you and I urge you to give those a try as well.
From June 27 – July 10, stop by your nearest Mattress Firm and shop the Fourth of July Sale to upgrade your sleep space:
• Receive a FREE Head Up 50 adjustable base* with all mattress purchases of $599 or more (up to a $699 value)
• Shop all beds on sale, including the Serta Alesbury queen mattress on sale for just $297
Sears has traditionally been the go to place for buying mattresses. They have sort of fallen out of favor and have closed dozens of stores but they still offer great deals. For the 4th of July, Sears is offering up to 60% off top brands. They also offer the Scott Living mattress brand, AKA, Property Brothers from HGTV.
Serta Chiswick Firm (Queen) $249.99 normally $424.99
Scott Living by Restonic Aberdeen Euro Top Queen Mattress $1,751 normally $4377.50
If you are looking for ultra high end mattresses, Bloomingdales has them. Here’s what they are offering on sale so far. You also get a $100 reward for every $1,000 you spend on mattresses.
Stearns & Foster Rockwood Luxury Firm Collection – $4,748.00 – $6,698.00 SALE $2,374.00 – $3,349.00 (50% OFF)
Kluft – Royal Sovereign Victory Collection – 100% Exclusive $3,952.00 – $8,164.00 SALE $2,371.00 – $4,898.00 (40% OFF)
Kluft – Palais Royale Vie de Luxe Collection – 100% Exclusive $23,476.30 – $27,589.80 SALE $17,607.00 – $20,692.00 (25% OFF)
Vispring – St. James Mattress Set Collection – 100% Exclusive $32,799.00 – $51,313.33 SALE $24,599.00 – $38,484.00 (25% OFF)
More deal will be posted as they are published. Enjoy the rest of your summer by sleeping comforably on a new mattress!