Recently updated on June 8th, 2016 at 04:58 pm
Editor’s Note: This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. For full details visit the disclosures page.
The latest development in sleep aids has just hit the market, Sprayable Sleep. What is it? It’s a topical melatonin spray that works as effectively as the pill form.
Here are the claims from the company website.
- Get to sleep on your schedule
- Wake up looking more rested and relaxed
- A low dose of topical melatonin
- Just 3 simple ingredients – Melatonin, Water, Tyrosine ( a derivative of a natural amino acid)
- Fully certified, tested, and manufactured in a US CGMP Facility
- Developed by an industry leading PhD in Chemistry and housed in Stanford University’s StartX Startup Program
- Launched with the most funded consumable product crowdfunding campaign of all time
I was given 3 bottles of sprayable sleep. I have used it about seven time since receiving the product and find it to be convenient and easier to pack and lighter than a bottle of pills when I travel.
As instructed, I sprayed twice on each side of my neck about an hour before bedtime. I did notice that this takes a little longer than the pill form to start working. Usually I start getting drowsy within an hour after taking a melatonin pill. With this product it was more like an hour and a half. Not sure if thats because it takes longer to permeate my skin but it consistently took an hour and a half every time I used it.
For a sense of scale here’s the size of the bottle in my hand
Like I said this product works it just takes a little longer to kick in as compared to the pill form of melatonin. So, it really comes down to preference. Usually with melatonin pillow you are supposed to let them dissolve in your mouth instead of swallowing whole. So if you don’t want any chalky after taste, this may be the ticket.
You can get sprayable sleep from their website.
Disclosure: We aim to highlight products and services you might find interesting, and if you buy them, we may get a small share of the revenue.