Editor’s Note: This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. For full details visit the disclosures page.
The Reverie 9T is THE most advanced adjustable base on the market. I can’t speak highly enough of Reverie as a company. Their products are very well built and all made in the USA. They have a team of engineers that are dedicated to improving and innovating adjustable bases.
I recently received a Reverie 9T for the Sleep Sherpa Showroom. I still use the previous model the 8T in my house and after over a year of use it still works like new. Below is a video overview of the 9T and a demo of it in action. What you see in the video is the Dream Supreme II Hybrid Sleep System.
Overview of the Reverie 9T Adjustable Base
The Dream Supreme hybrid mattress has both latex and foam. This creates a more conforming feel than the all latex version of their mattress. You still get the dream cells to configure however you want but it just feels softer and you get more hug out of the mattress. I prefer this version over the previous because of the overall benefits of foam.
Here are the specification of the hybrid mattress:
- Patented 6” DreamCell™ foam springs allow for dual firmness. Firmness level can be readjusted by rearranging foam springs. No motion transfer.
- Dream Supreme II Hybrid comfort layer features 1” OEKO-TEX® certified, graphite-infused Talalay latex with 2” CertiPUR-US® luxe memory foam underneath.
- Cashmere-blend woven cover finished with Feran Ice® wicks away moisture. Removable cover. Dry clean or spot clean only.
- Mattress construction facilitates natural airflow for maximum breathability and temperature regulation.
- 12” mattress height.
- OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 latex comfort layer and DreamCell foam springs. Naturally hypoallergenic and dust mite resistant.
- CertiPUR-US® certified memory foam and RevTech™ foam. No VOCs or other harmful substances.
- Intertek® Quality Performance Mark. Exceeds third-party tests for industry-leading durability and craftsmanship.
- Available in the DreamTop™ (split head design) option.
- 10 year limited warranty.
- Designed to maximize compatibility with an adjustable power base.
You can buy the mattress or the adjustable base separately. Most mattresses you buy online will work with an adjustable base. There are some exceptions including Saatva.
Here are the specs of the Reverie 9T as listed on their website:
The 9T™ is our most luxurious adjustable base with maximum technology and sleek styling.
- Sleek grey, deck-on-deck design: upholstered upper and wood look hard body lower.
- Infinite positions for head and foot, including presets for Zero Gravity, Anti-Snore and Flat and two extra programmable positions.
- Innovative lumbar support better aligns with spine and can be adjusted by degree
- Quiet, high-definition massage. 4 waves, 10 intensities.
- OLED remote with high resolution screen.
- Included portable wireless charging pad. Charge remote using built-in micro USB outlets.
- Bluetooth® Smart enabled
- Free Nightstand app for iOS. Can set Comfort Settings and Routines to run automatically.
- Under-the-bed LED nightlight
- ProGrip™ technology ensures consistent lumbar support while eliminating the need for retainer bars in most applications (retainer bars are still included).
- Fits within most bed frames and attaches to most headboards.
- Removable side rails for ultimate flexibility. Zero clearance.
- 850 lb weight limit.
- 20 year limited warranty.
- Available in: Twin XL 38″x80″, Full 54″x74″, Queen 60″x80″, Split California King (2 pc) 36”x84”
My Reverie 9T Findings
I have a split king size Reverie 9T. It is basically two twin xl bases that are placed together. The advantage of having it split is that each side can move independently. So, if one person wants to read, sleep or watch TV on an incline, the other person can lay flat and sleep.
In the picture below you can see towards the bottom where there is a flap on the base that extends upwards for lumbar support. This can completely transform the feel of a mattress, even a worn out one.
What makes the 9T a step up from previous versions is that when you go into zero gravity mode, you get better pressure relief. I also like the faux wood paneling along the side of the base. There’s really no need to encase the base in a bed frame. You can buy a headboard to go with the base as the 9T comes with a headboard adapter kit to complete the look.
The dream supreme hybrid mattress is one piece on the bottom and split at the top so that you feel more connected to your partner while sleeping. Reverie makes special sheets that will fit this type of mattress. As you can see one side is in the zero gravity position while the other is flat.
All mattresses that come in a box will work on an adjustable base which is almost all the mattresses I have reviewed on this site. Adjustable bases just aren’t for old people with health issues anymore. Bedrooms are starting to become a secondary office and being able to turn your bed into a zero gravity massage chair is a welcome upgrade, especially for people that may live in a house with no office.
Adjustable bases transform your bed into a very versatile piece of furniture that you will enjoy for years.
The split king Reverie 9T retails from $2,899 with free shipping. You can purchase one online for the best price through PlushBeds