Rem-Fit Sleep 500 Hybrid Mattress Review
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. For full details visit the disclosures page.
The Rem-Fit 500 mattress is a new mattresses designed by the makers of the Rem Fit sleep tracker and Zeek Smart pillow. It continues their offering of products focused on people that live active lifestyles and want to maximize their recovery. This mattress feels mostly like a memory foam mattress but it actually has coils inside that give it some extra bounce and support.
Rem-Fit also makes other models which are as follows:
Sleep 200 8 inch memory foam mattress $499-$799
Sleep 300 10 inch cooling gel memory foam mattress 599.99-1099.99
Sleep 400 12 inch cooling gel memory foam mattress $749.00-1299.99
Sleep 400 12 inch hybrid pocket coil and cooling memory foam mattress $749-1299.99
Overview of the Rem-Fit 500
You can order this mattress direct from the Rem-Fit website. After placing your order it takes about a week for the mattress to arrive. The mattress will come in a box like the one below. I received a queen size and this box is wider than most queen sizes I have received. I think this because it has a spring system and lots of foam measuring 12 inches.
Below is a picture of what it looks like out of the box. I took this picture about 10 minutes after unboxing.
Specifications of the Rem-Fit 500 Mattress
Below are the specification and construction of the Rem Fit 500 according to their website.
REM-Fit 500 12-inch Cooling Hybrid Mattress Features
- 5 Layers of memory foam for cool comfort, pressure relief and motion separation
- A layer of 6-inch pocketed coils for responsive support
- Nordic Chill fabric top and cooling gel-infused mattress provide superior comfort for hot sleepers
- Provides ample back support without sinking, perfect for larger body types
- Premium Hi-Flow Knit top fabric delivers flexibility, airflow and moisture wicking
- Re-Ax Unleashed wicks moisture and naturally inhibits bacteria
- Contour-Fit fabric features a 4-way stretch
- No flip-design means you never have to turn it over
- Built to disperse weight and provide soft, adaptive support
- Features Tencel botanical fiber
- Hypoallergenic materials
- 10-year warranty
Multi-layer memory foam and pocket coil construction includes:
- .7-inches of Adaptive Foam – Cool and comfortable, this foam is infused with gel that disperses heat and regulates sleep temperature
- 2-inches of Cradle Foam – Formulated to tailor itself to your shape, this layer adds a cradle of comfort
- 1-inch of Transition Foam – Created to amplify the comfort of the pocketed coils below, this layer increases individualized support and motion isolation
- 6.3-inches of Pocket Coils – Supportive and durable, these coils provide customized support and responsiveness
- 2-inches of Support Foam – The base of the mattress stops sinking while ensuring long lasting durability
Premium mattress fabric:
- Nordic Chill is an ultra-smooth fabric designed to transfer heat away from the body throughout the night. It’s soft, comfortable and cool to the touch.
- Re-Ax Unleashed with Hi-Flow Knit features Tencel botanical fibers to disperse moisture, ensuring comfortable conditions throughout the night
- Ventilated Side Mesh is designed to optimize mattress breathability, allowing air to flow easily both into and out of the mattress
- Contour Fit uses a 4-way stretch to flex and adjust to your body, offering free range of motion
My Rem Fit 500 Findings
Below is a video showing how each layer of the mattress reacts. You can see that the spring system is encased with a foam perimiter.
Here’s a picture of the spring system on the inside of the mattress
Here’s a video showing how much bounce you get out of the mattress. Despite having a coil system it does a great job of absorbing motion:
This mattress has phase change material in the ticking as well as cooling gel foam underneath that. Here’s a video taken with my infrared camera to illiustrate heat dissipation. I had this mattress out on display on our online mattress showroom in Minneapolis and visitors frequently commented on how cool it felt. That’s due to the generous amount of phase change material on the cover.
Finally, I found this mattress to have a bit more sink than most of the hybrid mattresses I have tried. The cover is not quilted so it’s easy to see how my bowling ball actually sinks into the mattress.
My Rem Fit 500 Recommendation
The Rem Fit 500 will appeal to people looking for a softer mattress that you can sink into but will also recover relatively quickly given the amount of foam used and the density of the foam. You really don’t feel the pockect coils at all and I was suprised that they were even in there. The pocket coils allow the bed to sink in more but still give you good support.
I think this mattress would not only appeal to athletes with sore muscles and bodies but anyone looking for an all foam mattress feel with quicker recovery and limited motion transfer.