Pragma Bed makes standard and adjustable bed frames. I was recently given the Pragmatic Ajdustable Bed to review. It is the most inexpensive adjustable beds I have come across. It is a no frill adjustable base that requires a litte more assembly than a traditional adjustable bed but is fairly straight forward and can be put together from start to finish in about an hour.
Overview of the Pragmatic Adjustable Bed
A queen size Pragmatic Ajdustable Bed can be purchased on Amazon for $391.71, as of this writing.
This bed also qualifies for Amazon Prime shipping so you get it fast and shipping is free. Below is a video that shows the bed in action. It has a relatively quiet motor. The sides work in tandem. The bed shown below is a queen size.
Specifications of the Adjustable Bed
Here’s the specs of the Pramatic Bed according to Amazon:
- The Pragmatic Adjustable Bed Frame provides effortless adjustment of head and foot sections to full range of positions
- Very quiet DC motor
- Powder-coated steel frame with stylish gray finish
- Twin/TwinXL have a 300 lbs. lift capacity of evenly distributed weight
- Full/Queen/King/California King have a 600 lbs. lift capacity of evenly distributed weight
- 134 lbs. (queen size)
- 80x60x14 inches
- No tools required, all assembly components included
- Capped feet prevent damage to hard floors
- Recessed wire supports protect your mattress
- Folding design for quick setup and storage
- 13″ of underbed storage space
- 80° articulation at head and 30° at foot
This adjustable bed takes a little more time to setup than the higher priced models. This keeps prices low though and setup really isn’t all that difficult to asemble.
Here’s a picture of the box it comes in. As you can see it is compact but still heavy weighing 134 lbs. Theh box is a little beat up but it is well packaged and I didn’t find any scratches or dents on the bed itself.
Here’s a picture of the motors on the Pragmatic.
My Pragmatic Bed Recommendation
If you’re looking for a no frills adjustable bed, this is an excellent choice. The adjustable bed currently has 36 reviews on Amazon with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5
Here’s a picture of the frame after it has been assembled.
Below is another picture with a memory foam mattress on the Pragmatic bed. Many inner spring mattresses now work on adjustable beds as well because they have pocket coils. A good rule of thumb is that if your mattress ships in a box it will work on an adjustable base.
If you don’t need massage or lighting under the bed, this bed will save you lots of money. Most people use these adjustable beds because of back issues or acid reflux where they need to be elevated somewhat during the night. This is a great solution for that problem without spending a lot of money.