Editor’s Note: This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. For full details visit the disclosures page.
Finding a good pillow is analogous to paring a good wine with a good meal. If they don’t go together just right, things can go south fast. All of the pillows I review has some specific benefits and can be amazing but only if you match them to a specific sleep style and particular type of mattress.
One option on the menu of pillows is the Marriott Hotel Pillow. This pillow is actually made by Pacific Coast, it’s their Down Surround Standard Pillow. It is a relatively light pillow that is very soft. It is an amazing pillow for stomach sleepers and those that like to move their pillow around while changing positions at night. You can’t buy just one of these though. If you can afford it, go with a 4 pack and transform your bed into the haven you’ve been cravin’.
Pillows.com currently has them on sale for $44.99 which is 40% off the retail price of $74.50. It’s a great price for a good pillow, period, let alone a pillow that is found at one of the top hotel chains worldwide.
What I like about trying hotel pillows is that they need to create a pillow that pretty much everyone will find comfortable. If not, people wont want to stay at their hotels. Lots of research has gone into these pillows to find what people really want. Here are the tech specs of the pillow:
- Design: Medium Support Down Comfort Pillow
- Ideal for all sleep positions
- Pillow-in-a-pillow design
- Fabric: 230 Thread Count – 100% cotton
- Barrier Weave™ down proof fabric
- Fill: 550 Fill Power
- Fill Weight: 27.5 ounces
- Fill Type: Duck feather & down (inner chamber) & minimum 75% Goose down (outer chamber)
- Hyperclean ® Pacific Coast ® Down and Feather
- Care Instructions: Machine wash, dry, and fluff
- Allergy Free warranty – this warranty is available from the manufacturer only
- 5 year manufacturer warranty
- Double needle sewn edge
- Size: 20″ x 26″
- Price includes 1 standard size pillowThe Marriott ® trademark is owned by Marriott International, Inc.; this trademark is not owned or licensed by Pacific Pillows. The Marriott ® trademark is used on this website for descriptive purposes to inform customers that the Pacific Coast ® Down Surround ® Pillow sold by Pacific Pillows is the same down pillow found in many Marriott ® properties. The Pacific Coast ® Down Surround ® pillow is not manufactured by Marriott ®.
I recommend to readers to make note or shoot yourself an email every time you stay at a hotel or resort and just jot down some notes about how you sleep. What do you like, what don’t you like? Is it a good mattress, pillow, sheets? Does the room smell good? Like the wallpaper or blackout blinds? Chances are they can all be bought and the concierge or receptionist will be happy to show you where to buy them.
So, in conclusion, if you are a stomach sleeper and haven’t found the right pillow yet, this would be a good first choice. It has mass appeal and really works with you throughout the night. Instead of buying through Marriott, check out Pillows.com where you can get a good discount.