Editor’s Note: This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. For full details visit the disclosures page.
The Eight Sleep pillow is a pillow that you can adjust to your specific preferences. It has three layers inside the shell that can be switched around or removed to get the perfect amount of loft and comfort. A standard size Eight Sleep pillow retails for $75 and can be purchased direct through their website.
Overview of the Eight Sleep Pillow
This pillow comes with a 30 day guarantee where if you don’t like it, you can return it for a refund. Your pillow shoud arrive about a week after placing your order.
Construction of the Eight Sleep Pillow
- Made from breathable cotton.
- Includes sewn-in layer of shredded polyester for extra cushioning.
- Has a side zipper so it can easily be removed and cleaned.
1” Memory foam
- The dense material prevents your neck from bending, keeping your spine aligned.
- It molds to the shape of your head
- Contours to your neck so you don’t wake up pain.
2” Cushion and 1″ Cushion
- The insertable cushions contain shredded pieces of foam.
- They provide the pillow with a fluffy and cloud-like feel without sacrificing support.
- Shredded foam lets you form the pillow to your needs.
- Stays cool at night by increasing airflow and breathability throughout.
Made in China
My Eight Sleep Pillow Findings
This pillow should have broad appeal. When you sleep on the shredded foam side, it feels like a down pillow. I found it to have a good amount of loft for side sleeping. I have broad shoulders and this still supported my head adequately. People with smaller frames can take out the the memory foam layer or the other shredded foam layer to reduce the loft.
If you prefer more of a solid memory foam feel, you can just flip the pillow to the side which has the solid piece of memory foam for a firmer feel.
Below is a video that shows how each of the three layers respond.
Here’s a side view with the cover unzipped to show you each of the layers.
My Eight Sleep Pillow Recommendation
I think Eight sleep has done a good job of striking a balance between a traditional and foam pillow feel. People interested in trying a foam pillow but are still attached to the feel of a traditional down or even polyester feel will be able to easily adapt to this one.
This pillow is very breathable and light for a memory foam pillow. Also with a 30 day trial, it’s definitely worth trying. Most companies will design their pillows to work well with their mattress and this one is no exception. This pillow works great with the compliment of mattresses offered by Eight sleep. Just like this pillow, their mattresses incorporate next generation memory foam that is responsive and more breathable so pairing the two will give yo a consistent feel from head to toe.