Recently updated on January 22nd, 2020 at 06:07 pm
Editor’s Note: This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. For full details visit the disclosures page.
Best Mattress Store In Austin: Our Top Picks
The task of mattress shopping can be time-consuming and would require a lot of patience. With the increasing awareness of mattresses in recent times, consumers are not just considering the quality of the mattress, Informed consumers today are more concerned with the services that a mattress store can offer to its customers. There are countless physical as well as online stores that will readily serve you while choosing a mattress but will ignore when you escalate complaints and concerns in your purchase.
If you do not want to have such an unpleasant experience, you should go through some of the best mattress stores in Austin that are known for assisting their customers all the way. Some of the stores in Austin that have a good market reputation are as follows –
Though one of the newest mattress stores in Austin, SleepSherpa helps buyers try the best online mattress brands and make the right decision on the first go. The term “Sherpa” refers to a guide, and the mission of this site is to lead people to the best sleep products matching their needs.
The mattresses marketed by SleepSherpa – like online – come with a trial period along with free shipping and free return policy. Some of the popular online mattress brands include
Apart from mattresses, the SleepSherpa store in Austin also offers different types of adjustable beds for people to try out based on their budget. All mattresses that are showcased are compatible with an adjustable bed. To ensure that offline buyers do not miss out on offers and discounts offered online, SleepSherpa follows a competitive pricing policy in comparison to other mattress stores in the Austin Metro area.
The purpose of the showroom is to allow potential buyers to visit SleepSherpa Austin outlet and try out the popular online brands to compare them with other alternatives on the spot. This popular mattress brand has also been featured in various reputed magazines like Furniture Today, Men’s Fitness, Furniture World, and Askmen.
Overall, it is not just another mattress store but an online and offline guide site that continually reviews and tests for new sleep products. SleepSherpa also has mattress stores in Minneapolis and Chicago as well.
Love my Mattrezz is another reliable, locally owned, and operated mattress store in Austin. Their goal is to help potential buyers through the complicated process of mattress buying and make a decision about the best mattress that fits their budget as well as sleeping habits.
Buying a mattress is not that is done every day but is a long-term investment that buyers need to be cautious about. Various questions arise in the minds of prospective buyers, such as the size and firmness level and the price of the product, among others.
An average person spends around 33% of his life sleeping. So, he needs to be cautious about the products that he is using to ensure a good night’s sleep. At Love my Mattrezz, their aim is not to make buyers like their mattress but to love them.
Besides, it has also partnered with credit lines such as Synchrony Financial and Kornerstone Credit to make payments easier for buyers. Now you can avoid those hassles of the credit check and make payments over time or take advantage of an early buyout discount.
Some of the reputed mattress brands that they showcase include Corsicana, Tempur-Pedic, Crown Jewel, and Malouf, among others.
At Love my Mattrezz, you can buy the product of your choice with confidence. Rest assured that you are getting the best value, price, and service in the Austin area. They are so confident with their product price and buying terms that you can find an identical product and service at the same terms from any local authorized dealer. Just show them the proof and get a refund of 110% of the difference amount.
Some of the service offered by them to their valued customers includes –
Spring or Foam Mattress
Drop at one of their showrooms to see for yourself whether a spring mattress or a foam one works best for you. They have a team of educated and friendly staff who are always ready to assist the visitors in selecting the right product.
Buying a mattress is not all. You need to buy the right accessories along with it. To ensure this, Mattrezz Guys markets a complete line of high-quality sheets, cool sleeping pillows, and mattress protectors to give their customers the ultimate sleeping experience.
In addition to accepting credit cards of major companies, they also provide various custom financing options to meet the financial needs of their customers.
Mattrezz Guys provide a friendly in-home delivery service with drop ship service for select items.
Mattrezz Guys have first-hand knowledge of the mattress industry, which they use to provide relevant bed advice to potential buyers. This helps buyers to shop for a bed that can improve their sleep experience.
It’s all about keeping things simple and straightforward at the local Austin Mattress store. They are popular in the market for selling mattresses in Austin at the lowest possible rate. With about 40,000 satisfied customers and nearly 14 years of experience, Austin Mattress strives to make the Austin Community a better place to live in.
The store is popular in the market for the following reasons –
- Austin Mattress features a wide variety of products from box spring foundations, mattress protectors to bed frames. They market some of the top brands like Corsicana, Serta Perfect Sleeper, and Cool Reflections.
- Their service is not just restricted to Austin but cater to the needs of the adjacent communities as well.
- Clean and professional services are the top priorities at the Austin Discount Mattress store.
- Every purchase from their store helps them to feed the homeless at Austin, provide sleeping bags, and mattresses to the unfortunate ones.
- With all products made in Texas, they provide free and same-day delivery to the buyers at Austin.
- The best part is their 100-night sleep trial. If you are not satisfied with their product after using it for 100 nights, you can ask for a refund with no questions asked.
- Prospective buyers have the privilege of buying from their online anytime during the day or night.
So, whether you want a twin size, full, queen, or king-size mattress, Austin Mattress is there to assist you in your selection.
Factory Mattress is known to have the biggest selection of mattresses in Austin and San Antonio at the best market rates. They feature a wide assortment of mattress accessories from well-known brands like Simmons, Sealy, Tempur-Pedic, iComfort, and Sleep Designs.
Apart from that, they offer a 366-night comfort guarantee assuring the quality of the products marketed by them.
Factory Mattress ensures that its buyers get their products at the lowest possible price. They do so by monitoring the rates charged by other stores and saves the time and effort of their customers.
From memory foam pillows to bed frames and mattress protectors, you will find everything under a single roof. Their express delivery service helps in delivering the products at the right time and place.
If you want the best quality customer service at the best market prices, then you should go for Factory Mattress.
What makes Sleep Sherpa the best mattress store in Austin?
After going through a detailed analysis of the best mattress stores in Austin, you might be confused about which store to choose. In this case, SleepSherpa wins the challenge hands down. Apart from marketing the best mattress products, they also provide detailed insight through their reviews about what makes a quality mattress to help users find the right product.
The owner has worked for several years to develop some proprietary tests and tools to give more information about how different mattresses work. Their showroom helps people in trying out some of the product by themselves and make a comparative analysis of which product will suit their purpose the best.
Offering free returns is not always an indication of quality products and services. It creates a doubt in the minds of customers about the reliability of such products and also creates potential environmental hazards. Through the reviews offered by Sleep Sherpa, you will be able to make an informed decision instead of wasting your time and energy in making trial runs.
Recently updated on November 1st, 2022 at 07:33 pm
Editor’s Note: This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. For full details visit the disclosures page.
There is no dearth of choices when it comes to buying mattresses, online or offline. You have the option of visiting your local brick and mortar stores. Alternatively, there’s always the choice to sit back and order online. Be warned, there are dozens of brands, and hundreds of stores and that can be confusing to figure out best mattress store. From where do you get the best deal or the mattress of your choice? Read on. This guide should help.
If you live in the San Diego metro area, make sure to check out the Sleep Sherpa San Diego mattress showroom where you can try the most popular online brands and get exclusive discounts and offers.
What Factors Matter?
- Right off the bat, one must say that the word “best” is not very defining but encompasses various parameters such as returns, customer service, prices, delivery and brands. For example, if you are looking for specialist brands or types of mattresses, the best store may not have it in stock. As can be seen, most stores sell popular and fast-moving brands like Sealy, Seta, Tempur-Pedic, Stearns and Foster and Simmons.
- For some people, returns may be the most important thing. You may buy a mattress online based on its looks, but you will find it uncomfortable. If you have the ease of free returns and a full refund or free exchange you will rate that store to be the best above others that charge processing fees. Mattresses may be good for 3 months after which they are likely to develop hollows due to body weight, and you feel like returning it. In this case, sellers that offer an extended trial period may be to your liking.
- Then again you may be the type that likes to buy top quality mattresses, and you look for the lowest price. In this case, the store that offers the lowest price with free doorstep delivery is potentially the best for you.
- A mattress is not something you can tuck under your arm and carry home. Therefore, if you shop at a local brick and mortar store, you want a store that has both varieties in types of mattress and various brands in addition to free delivery. If you find a store in your neighbourhood that satisfies these criteria, then it is the best for you.
Biggest Mattress Stores in US
One advantage of buying from the biggest stores is you are left with a pretty good choice and the best prices. This is possible since these stores buy in bulk and pass on discounts to their customers. They may even offer free delivery to your doorstep and have a fair returns policy.
Walmart: Walmart tops the list with over 5000 outlets nationwide and 11,635 across the world. It deals in Sealy, Simmons, Serta, Signature and Sleep brands of innerspring, hybrid, air and foam mattress with free shipping. Returns may be direct to their warehouse or nearest pickup points.
Mattress Firm: Mattress Firm has around 3,500 outlets. It deals in Serta, Hampton & Rhodes, Dreambed, Lux and Simmons brands of foam, hybrid and innerspring mattresses. Free shipping is offered on mattresses above $499 with a 120-day period for returns plus $79.99 applicable fee.
Big Lots: It has a presence in 1,400 locations and deals mainly in innerspring foam hybrid Serta brand mattresses. You pay around $140 for delivery charges. The returns policy is fair with a 30-day period, but 20% processing fees may apply.
Ashley Homestore: This brand has over 700 stores and deals in innerspring, foam, latex and hybrid mattresses. Brands available are Sealy, Tempur-Pedic, Foster, Simmons and Stearns. As for returns, you must notify Ashley within 72 hours of delivery and only if the mattress is received in damaged or defective condition.
Costco: Costco has a presence in 727 locations. Its product range covers foam, latex, innerspring and hybrid mattress. Brands available are Stearns, Foster, Sleep Science, Eight Sleep, Novaform, Sealy and Simmons. Shipping charges are included in the price and mattress can be returned for a full refund.
Macy’s: Macy’s has a presence in 728 locations and offers free delivery for mattresses priced less than $787, and $85 and above for mattresses priced $787 and above. Innerspring and foam mattresses from popular brands such as Serta, Sealy, Tempur-Pedic, Stearns and Foster-Simmons are all available. You have 180 days to return the product.
Sam’s Club: Buy innerspring, Foam, hybrid and water mattresses in Serta, Tempur-Pedic, Night Therapy and Sleep innovation brands. Free delivery is available as is the removal of an old mattress. If you are a member, then you have the facility of free return to any of their 666 stores. They offer a 90-night free sleep trial and 10 days to report a defective mattress if you want a refund.
Sears: Sears offers several brands that include Serta, Sealy, Stearns and Foster, Tempur Pedic and Simmons. This includes innerspring, foam, latex, hybrid and air mattresses with free delivery. You have between 30 to 60 days to return the mattress. A 120-night sleep trial is available on select products.
IKEA: This famous brand of home furnishing company has 400 outlets offering its inimitable Ikea brand foam, latex and innerspring mattress. Delivery charges start at $ 59, and you have 365 days for returns.
Sleep Number/Select Comfort: You have a choice of 477 outlets from where to buy Sleep Number, and Comfortaire branded air mattress. You pay $90 for standard delivery and $180 for in-home setup with a 100-night sleep trial. However, mattresses can be returned after 30 days.
Medium to Small Mattress Stores in The US
American Mattress: American Mattress has 100 stores in Illinois and Indiana offering Sealy, Serta, Tempur Pedic, Simmons, Restonic brand innerspring, foam and hybrid mattresses. Delivery charges vary from $59.99 to $299.99 for out of state deliveries. They offer sleeping trials ranging between 30 to 90 nights. Out of state deliveries do not qualify for returns and exchanges.
Bob’s Discount Furniture: Bob’s deals only in Bob-O-Pedic brand innerspring, foam, latex and hybrid mattresses offered through 84 outlets. Delivery charges start at $9.99 and can go up to $ 329.99. On offer is a 90-night sleep trial period during which you can return the mattress for a full refund less the delivery fees.
Denver Mattress: Denver has 90 locations from where you can buy Sealy, Serta, Tempur-Pedic, Stearns and Foster and Simmons brand innerspring, foam, hybrid and latex mattress. Delivery rates vary depending on the location. You receive 100% refund if products are returned within the first 4 months, 75% for the second 4 months and 50% for the final 4 months which means you have a full year.
Havertys: Havertys has 125 outlets offering Sealy, Serta, Tempur-Pedic, Stearns and Foster and Simmons brand foam, hybrid and innerspring mattresses. Shipping charges apply. You may exchange your mattress within 3 days of delivery. No refunds are available so think carefully before you buy.
Mattress Warehouse: You have a choice of over 200 locations from where you can buy Sealy, Serta, Tempur-Pedic, Stearns and Foster, Aireloom, Kingsdown and Simmons brand hybrid, foam and innerspring mattresses. They charge $99 for local delivery and $199 for national delivery. Tempur Pedic mattresses have a free delivery offer. As for returns, they go by returns policies of the individual manufacturer. Clearance items are not eligible for any refunds or exchanges.
Rooms to Go: You have a choice of 240 locations to buy innerspring, foam and latex mattress in Sealy, Serta, Tempur-Pedic, Stearns and Foster, Kingsdown, Restonic and Simmons brands with free shipping through UPS. You will need to initiate the returns process within 48 hours of delivery in case of a problem.
Slumberland: Walk into any of their 126 outlets to buy Sealy, Stearns and Foster, Tempur-Pedic and Simmons brand foam, innerspring and hybrid mattresses. Delivery charges vary according to location. No returns but you can exchange mattresses.
The Best Mattress Stores for Returns
IKEA rates the best for returns since it offers a full 365 days for returns and exchange. Denver Mattress also offers 365 days but a 50% deduction if the product is returned during the final quarter.
Stores According to Customer Ratings
The stores above may feature a small or large number of outlets. However, what’s important to know is the customer experience and rating.
- Standing at the top are Haverty’s and Sit’n’Sleep with a rating of 4 out of 5.
- A close second is Slumberland with a score of 3.83, Walmart with a score of 3.83 and Denver Mattress with a score of 3.83.
- Just below are Costco with a score of 3.5, Ikea with a score of 3.58, Macy’s with a score of 3.75, Mattress Firm with a score of 3.25, Rooms to Go with a score of 3.4, Mattress Warehouse scored at 3.33 and Sears at 3.25.
Best Mattress Stores – Widest range
- Naturally, American Mattress sits at the top.
- However, if you want more brands to pick from then, you have Ashley Homestore, Costco, Denver Mattress, Havertys, Macy’s, Mattress Firm, Mattress Warehouse, Rooms to Go, Sam’s Club, Sit’n’Sleep Slumberland and Walmart to choose from.
- Only a few offer brands are other than the popular ones. These are Sit’n’Sleep offering Aireloom and Kingsdown in addition to the popular brands.
- Sam’s Club offers Night Therapy and Sleep Innovation
- Rooms to Go features Kingsdown and Restonic in addition to others;
- Mattress Warehouse offers Aireloom and Kingsdown along with others
- Mattress Firm features Dreambed Lux brands.
- Costco has Novaform besides others.
- Bob’s Discount, surprisingly, offers only its own brand of Bob-o-Pedic just like Ikea offers its own brand.
- Big Lots deals only in Serta brand which could possibly mean that this brand is offered at the best price.
The Lowest Rated Mattress Stores
Customers rated Sears, Mattress Firm, Sam’s Club and Big Lots the lowest on several counts. However, keep in mind that this is a generalization. You may be looking for the lowest price; specific type of mattress; free delivery or the best returns policy. Therefore, the lowest rating is not an absolute indicator of all these parameters.
Biggest Online Mattress Stores
- Amazon occupies top slot, offering
Nectar, Leesa, Lucid, Serta Tuft & Needle and Zinus brand foam, latex, hybrid air-water and innerspring matters with free delivery. You have a 30-night sleep trial period.
- Costco offers innerspring, foam, latex and hybrid mattresses in Sealy, Serta, Tempur-Pedic, Stearns and Foster and Simmons brands with free delivery.
- Overstock is one store to consider for innerspring, foam, latex, hybrid and air mattresses in Sealy, Serta, Tempur-Pedic, Stearns and Foster and Simmons brand. Free delivery in the US but you cannot return mattresses that have been used or removed from packaging.
- US-Mattress is another online resource for innerspring, latex, foam and hybrid mattresses in Restonic, Sealy, Serta, Tempur-Pedic, Stearns and Foster and Simmons brands. Free delivery is available nationwide in the US. You get a 100-night sleep trial with exchange facility but no returns. If you exchange a mattress, you pay any price difference if the one you choose is a higher priced one, in addition to $139 processing fee.
Best Better Business Rated Online Stores
- Amazon scores only a B+ in Better Business Bureau score but is the highest overall rated store due to a wider selection, excellent prices, customer services and delivery.
- Overstock scores high A+ Better Business Bureau score in addition to a good range of mattresses, good pricing, customer services and delivery.
- Walmart has an A+ Better Business Bureau rating in addition to excellent price range, customer service and delivery but falls down in the range of mattress available.
- Similarly, Costco has good prices and very good delivery but only fair customer service and limited range of products giving it an overall 3.4 out of 5 despite a+ Better Business Bureau score.
- US-Mattress edges out Costco despite an A- Better Business Bureau score due to good customer services, prices and delivery as well as a goodly selection of products.
- Sam’s Club, despite an A- Better Business Bureau rating, and very good prices, customer service and delivery, sits at the bottom due to the limited product range.
- Not all stores are in a position to offer free delivery because mattresses are bulky products. However, you have Macy’s that offers conditional free delivery for mattresses priced less than $787.
- In the same way, Mattress Firm will ship mattresses free of cost provided it costs over $ 499.
- Returns to Go offers free delivery but only through UPS so how fast you receive the mattress is the question.
- In that regard, Sam’s Club may rate high because most locations are offered free delivery that includes unpacking and removal of the old mattress.
- Sears offers standard free delivery, which is a good thing.
- Sit’n’Sleep will deliver free mattresses costing $399 or above.
So, there you have it. Now it is for you to pick the mattress store that is best for you.