Editor’s Note: This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. For full details visit the disclosures page.
The Buffy Comforter is the latest bedding product to hit your Facebook feed. This comforter is made with natural eucalyptus. The claim is that having the threads made with eucalyptus makes them more resistant to bacteria, mildew and mites. The Buffy comforter is machine washable which is a huge plus as it allows you to keep your bedding clean and fresh without having to go to the dry cleaner.
I bought a king size Buffy and here are my findings.
Ordering the Buffy Comforter
You can order a Buffy is through their website or through Amazon. Shipping was fast and arrived in about 5 days. You have the option to try before you buy. This means they will place a hold on your credit card where the charge is pending. If you decide you don’t like it, you can return it and Buffy will not charge the card. The other option is that you can pay up front but still have the option to return it for a full refund. I chose the latter. If you order from Amazon you get Amazons standard 30 day return option which is easy.
Unboxing Your Buffy
Like many online brands, the unboxing of the product is a fun experience. Your comforter will arrive in a box like this.
Here’s what the inside of the box looks like.
As you can see you get a free sleep mask that smells like lavender.
My Buffy Findings
The Buffy comforter feels like a polyesters comforter. It is light and silky smooth. The Buffy isn’t too thick either. One drawback of polyester is that they trap heat and don’t breathe causing you to sweat. However this comforter is 70% lyocell which is a natural material made from the wood pulp of eucalyptus trees. The other 30% is a material developed by scientists called 37.5 technology which is volcanic materials that are infused in the yarns to make the comforter more breathable.
The technology is called 37.5 because that’s your body’s ideal core temperature.
Here’s a picture of the comforter out of the packaging.
As you can see, it isn’t too thick.
Construction of the Buffy Comforter
Here’s the label tag that was on the comforter. As you can see the inside is made with 10% lyocell. Lyocell is according to Wikipedia, “a form of rayon which consists of cellulose fiber made from dissolving pulp (bleached wood pulp) using dry jet-wet spinning”
I was impressed with my first night using the Buffy. It was still soft and light after washing. I really appreciate that it is machine washable. It definitely sleeps cooler than a polyester comforter and is easier to care for than a down comforter.
Although the comforter was good at temperature regulation, you can still overheat a little bit in it. What I do like about it though is that you don’t need to layer up. Just a top sheet and the Buffy are enough to keep you warm throughout the night.
My Buffy Update
I have been sleeping on my Buffy for over a week now and I really enjoy how soft and light it is. Some comforters are just too thick and some even make noise. This one is quiet and easy to move around at night.
This comforter isn’t exactly cheap. At $190 for a king size it is certainly an investment but that’s also why they have a 30 night trial period. If you currently sleep on a polyester or even down comforter and find it too hot or sweaty, the Buffy is a unique comforter that may provide the relief you are looking for.
If you are looking for a Buffy alternative, you may want to take a look at the Bien Living duvet insert. The fill is 50% Lyocell and 50% hollow siliconized hypoallergenic fiber. And, it only costs $69.99 for a king size.