Recently updated on June 7th, 2022 at 07:34 pm
Editor’s Note: This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. For full details visit the disclosures page.
Amerisleep is a mattress and bedding brand focused on providing the highest quality in every product. Perhaps none of their accessories represent this commitment to comfort as well as the Amerisleep Adjustable Bed+ does.
- Move beyond the remote — smart home compatible and optional mobile app
- Free in-home setup saves shoppers the hassle of assembly
- Wall glide design keeps the nightstand and devices close at hand
- Relatively affordable but potentially out of budget shoppers’ reach
Amerisleep is a renowned mattress brand known for their range of high-quality mattresses and other assorted bedding products. Instead of relying on a “good, better, best” tiered system that asks shoppers to pay more for top-of-the-line comfort, Amerisleep ensures that every mattress they sell can be someone’s best mattress.
Amerisleep is also dedicated to affordable, eco-friendly mattress materials that provide durable, breathable comfort. They take a similar approach with their adjustable bed, engineering a design beyond what many adjustable beds in similar price ranges offer. The aptly named Adjustable Bed+ is an excellent way to customize and heighten their comfort.
What is an Adjustable Bed?
An adjustable bed’s purpose is described in its name—it’s a bed that adjusts, typically with the simple press of a button on a remote control. The base is essentially a series of panels that can be raised or lowered, though the exact way it operates varies by model.
The head and foot of the mattress can be raised by degrees to decrease pressure on the body, giving owners a far wider range of sleeping positions to consider.
About the Amerisleep Adjustable Bed+
The Adjustable Bed+ is the most modern and luxurious bed frame that Amerisleep offers. Our review examines its design, operation, size, mattress compatibility, prices, warranty, and delivery in full, giving the shoppers the information needed to decide if it’s the right fit for them.
The Amerisleep Adjustable Bed has an all-steel frame with a steel base, legs, and retainer bar. A polyester upholstery cover with a non-slide weave completes the frame’s look, giving it a neutral design that can slip into any bedroom.
The legs of the Amerisleep Adjustable Bed+ are broken into multiple segments to allow for different heights. The adjustable frame can be set as low as 9 inches, or owners can add on 3-inch segments to bring its height of 12 or 15 inches.
Headboard brackets are also included with the frame for shoppers who do want to replicate the look of a classic frame without relying on a separate bed frame.
The Amerisleep Adjustable Bed+ features a wide range of motion. Owners can lift the head of the bed by 60 degrees and the foot of the bed by 35 degrees. The motors are whisper quiet, making adjustments barely noticeable in the night. The mattress stays in place as the base rises and falls thanks to a non-skid fabric covering and a foot retainer bar at the end.
What sets the Adjustable Bed+ apart from many other models is its wall glide design. Less sophisticated adjustable beds have the head of the mattress move away from the wall as its raised, putting a sleeper’s nightstand out of reach. With a wall glide design, the head of the bed slides back, moving up against the wall and keeping everything close.
The wireless remote has a sleek and simple design, with three buttons that can each save a favorite position. However, sleepers don’t have to restrict themselves to just the included remote. The Amerisleep Adjustable Bed+ is also compatible with Alexa, Google Home or a downloadable mobile app.
Within the adjustable bed are also full-body massagers with different intensity settings. These massagers can be switched on for relief after a long day. Lastly, the underside of the base has LED lighting, allowing sleepers to light up the surrounding floor if they have to get out of bed in the middle of the night.
Mattress Size and Compatibility
The available sizes of the Amerisleep Adjustable Bed+ don’t quite match the range of sizes their mattresses come in, but it’s still a wide enough range to suit most shoppers’ needs and budgets:
- The twin XL size adjustable bed is excellent for individuals sleeping alone and seeking to upgrade a smaller bedroom.
- The full size adjustable bed is a step up from the twin XL adjustable bed, giving sleepers more space to sprawl at night.
- The queen size adjustable bed is the smallest size we can recommend for couples who want to share a sleeping area.
- The split king size adjustable bed is the most comfortable option for sleepers who want to share, though its bulk requires a larger master bedroom.
- The California king size adjustable bed is excellent for taller shoppers who want to share a bed and need extra legroom.
All of these options are carefully sized to support a matching mattress while also being able to slip inside the average bed frame. This allows shoppers to pair the base with a favorite frame or change the bed’s overall style.
The Amerisleep Adjustable Bed+ can be paired with a memory foam, latex, or hybrid mattress. For an easier shopping experience, Amerisleep lets shoppers bundle on one of five mattresses. Side sleepers can enjoy the softer options, while back and stomach sleepers will appreciate a firmer feel.
The Amerisleep Adjustable Bed+ has extremely competitive prices for all the features it offers.
As we mentioned, you can bundle an Amerisleep mattress with an adjustable bed. Currently, Amerisleep is offering $450 off all their mattresses with an adjustable bed. Lastly, the base’s delivery and in-home setup has a $399 value and is included free of charge.
The Amerisleep Adjustable Bed+ comes with a 10-year warranty. For the year, Amerisleep will fully cover repairs and replacement parts costs. Then, the adjustable base has a limited warranty until year 5. For the last few years, replacement parts are covered at a prorated cost.
We must note that the base is a final sale item, as is common with adjustable beds. With the warranty, shoppers have protection in case of defects or malfunction. However, there’s little to be done if the bed isn’t to their liking. Still, the Adjustable Bed+ consumer reviews suggest that few shoppers are unhappy with their purchase.
Not only does the Amerisleep Adjustable Bed+ ship free, but the base also comes with a free in-home setup. After contacting you, the delivery team will arrange an appointment window and set up the adjustable bed.
We must note that the items will ship separately when choosing the bundle with a base and a mattress, and the new mattress may arrive before or after the adjustable base. In-home setup applies only to the adjustable bed.
Why Choose an Adjustable Bed?
Adjustable beds can have highly practical and medically necessary purposes, or they can be used to simply provide the ultimate boost to a sleeper’s comfort. An adjustable bed can be angled to ease joint and back pain and improve blood circulation, among other benefits.
For example, an adjustable bed frame is one of the most effective ways to manage sleep apnea and acid reflux symptoms. When lying down flat, the soft tissues in the throat can obstruct the windpipe—this is the primary cause of obstructive sleep apnea. By raising the head of the adjustable bed and with it the upper torso, gravity acts differently on the body, and these soft tissues are less likely to impede breathing.
Similarly, a sleeper with acid reflux can ensure their stomach contents stay in place and minimize discomfort by raising their upper body. This ensures they won’t wake up with heartburn and other discomfort caused by stomach acid flowing up their esophagus.
Raising the foot of the mattress with an adjustable bed can also provide relief to several medical conditions. Sleepers can often alleviate back pain by raising their knees and taking pressure off the lower back. Symptoms of edema and restless leg syndrome can also be eased by raising the foot of the mattress.
Individuals who have a condition that restricts movement, such as arthritis, can enjoy how an adjustable bed enables them to independently sit up and slide out of bed. The stiffness and pain from arthritis can also be alleviated by
Shoppers can also enjoy the perks of an adjustable bed during the day. Adjustable frames make it more comfortable to sit up and read or watch a TV show or movie. Some higher-end adjustable bed models also include massage features that can ease aches and pains after a long day.
Why Choose the Amerisleep Adjustable Bed+?
- Non-skid fabric and foot retainer bar keep the mattress in place throughout adjustments
- Under-bed lighting makes nighttime excursions simple
- Wall glide design for convenience, keeping everything on the nightstand within reach
- Massagers make it easy to relax and unwind after a long, difficult day
- Three programmable presets make it easy to return to old favorites again and again
- Base can slide into a pre-existing bed frame, and the frame can be set at one of three heights
- Optional headboard brackets for a classic frame look
It’s difficult to go wrong with the Amerisleep Adjustable Bed+, as its design packs a wealth of versatile features into a bargain-priced package. The base is also designed for durability, giving shoppers an excellent return on their dollar by maximizing the base’s expected lifespan.
The Amerisleep Adjustable Bed+ truly shows shoppers that you don’t have to overspend to drastically upgrade your comfort. Plus, the Amerisleep brand itself is one of the highest-regarded mattress-in-box companies today, with thousands of satisfied customer reviews attached to their most popular products.
- Rolling wave massagers let a sleeper truly unwind after a long, tiring day with one of three intensities.
- Wall Glide design keeps the nightstand close at hand as the head of the bed is raised.
- Ability to connect to Google Home or Amazon Alexa, keeping owners from having to fiddle with their remotes for adjustments. Instead, they can simply speak the command.
- Downloadable mobile app also lets shoppers control the base with their smart phone.
- Charging ports along the side ensure sleepers never wake up to a phone that needs charging.
- Legs with adjustable heights, letting sleepers go as low as inches or as high as inches when setting up their ideal bed height.
- Bed base easily slips inside a traditional bed frame for a more conventional look.
- Remote has backlit lighting for easy nighttime adjustments. A one-touch button can switch on under-bed lighting for quick, easy trips to the bathroom in the dark.
The Amerisleep Adjustable Bed+ comes with a 10-year warranty. Not only does it ship free, but Amerisleep offers in-home setup at no added charge. Shoppers can choose from a twin XL, full, queen, split king, or California king size base. A queen size base can be purchased for $1400.