Editor’s Note: This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. For full details visit the disclosures page.
American Blossom is not another typical bedding startup. They have been manufacturing sheets in the USA for 115 years in Thomaston Georgia. American Blossom is a family company that not only provides quality bedding, they are also helping bring back jobs to their local community. They are the only brand in the USA that is spun, woven, sewn and packaged in the USA that uses USA organic cotton. There is no other brand that I know of that is completely made in the USA. There’s so much to like about American Blossom as a company and their sheets are wonderful too!
Overview of American Blossom Sheets
For this review, I received a king-size set of unbleached, natural, organic cotton sheets. These can be ordered through their website and should arrive about a week after placing your order. American Blossom also offers free shipping in the lower 48 states and an unheard of 2-year “happiness guarantee” which means you get to try the sheets for 2 years and if for whatever reason, you aren’t satisfied you can return them for a full refund. To offer such a long guarantee means they really stand by their product. I’ve had sheet sets before that barely make it through the first wash.
How Much Do American Blossom Sheets Cost?
Below are the current prices of the sheets. You can choose between either natural or white as a color.
Construction of American Blossom Sheets
Below are the construction specifications of the sheets according to their website.
- Made from 100% West Texas Organic Cotton
- Color Natural (Unbleached in the warm beige shade) or White
- Heavier, more durable fabric than the flimsy imported sheets commonly sold by major retailers
- Environmentally friendly cotton, pure, chemical free softness
- Made in the USA ethically and sustainably
- Deep 16″ pockets and wider, stronger encased elastic from North Carolina
- “Top or Bottom” labels act as visual cues to help you place the fitted sheet
- Top sheets are considerably larger in both the width and length which will insure a secure tuck, top to bottom and side to side
- Higher thread count does not guarantee higher quality sheets. Many imported sheets have manipulated and untrue thread counts. American Blossom developed a custom fabric which is approximately 180 threads per square inch
- Machine washable & dryable
- Will fit modern Bed in a Box foam mattresses, traditional spring and foam mattresses
My American Blossom Findings
Your sheets will arrive in a box like the one below.
Inside I found a nice card from the company and a small gift.
I also received a couple bags of locally grown herbal tea.
Your sheet set will come with a fitted sheet, flat sheet, and 2 pillowcases. King and Queen sets come with 4 pillowcases which no one else does. As you can see the natural set the I received won’t be a stark white like the white set.
Here’s their tag showing that they are in fact Made in the USA with organic cotton.
True to their word, the fitted sheet measures 16 inches deep which means it will accommodate any mattress including all the online brands.
They also label the top and bottom of the sheet so you don’t have to guess which is the short end while making your bed.
The sewing is superb on these sheets. I didn’t find any loose threads. Just holding these sheet I could tell that they will last many, many years.
My American Blossom Sheets Recommendation
American Blossom really stands apart from other bedding products I have reviewed. They are clearly in the business to make a quality product while taking care of their employees. I like that this is a business that has been around for over 100 years and is a family business that keeps a close eye on quality and customer service.
The sheets are some of the best I have tried. Added to that they are certified organic cotton so they are pesticide-free and made right here in the USA. Their cotton is certified organic by the USDA. While certainly not cheap, I expect them to last a very long time and I’m sure you will soon find them a, “go to” sheet set in your linen closet.