Recently updated on November 21st, 2018 at 10:47 am
Editor’s Note: This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. For full details visit the disclosures page.
Amazon now has a mattress as part of their Rivet furniture collection. They really made a statement by creating a mattress that holds its own against most of the major online and offline competitors at this price point. This is a typical 3 layer foam mattress but what sets it apart is that it also includes a cover with Celliant technology that promotes more restful sleep and aids in recovery, a claim that has been allowed by the FDA. All of this comes in at a shockingly low price point of $499 for a queen.
Overview of the Amazon Rivet Mattress
The Rivet collection is an Amazon brand that offers trendy, modern furniture at an extremely competitive price. It’s like Amazon’s version of Ikea. This mattress ships quickly and usually will arrive in 3-4 days depending on where you live.
This mattress comes shipped in a box just like all the other major online competitors. Here’s what it looks like right out of the box still compressed.
In order to compete with other online mattress companies, this mattress also comes with a 100-night full refund guarantee, a more generous return policy than the typical 30-day return they normally offer.
Here’s a quick video overview of the mattress.
Construction of the Rivet Mattress
Below are the construction details of the mattress according to Amazon.
- Experience deep, restorative sleep with the Rivet Mattress. Our 3-layer design with Celliant technology is instantly responsive so you fall asleep faster, stay asleep longer, and recover more deeply.
- Instant support: LURAcor top layer provides instantly responsive support to lift and align your spine throughout the night and relieve pressure points like the back and hips
- Adaptive: Memory foam middle layer evenly distributes weight and provides custom support
- Supercharged cover: Our cover fabric features Celliant, a patented mineral blend proven to increase oxygen delivery to your cells for better overnight recovery and more all-day energy
- Quality made: Our premium foam is 100% USA-made, certified by CertiPUR US, and backed by a 10-year warranty for quality, safety, and durability you can trust
- Risk-free 100 night trial: Mattress comes with a full refund guarantee for your first 100 nights
- Easy delivery: Vacuum-sealed and delivered to your door for easy setup; can be used immediately and fully expands within 24 hours
How Much Does the Amazon Mattress Cost?
Below are the prices as of this writing. They may change though and have gone lower in the past around certain times of the year like Black Friday, Memorial Day, Labor Day and of course Amazon Prime Day.
My Rivet Findings
Amazon with all their resources made this mattress with an optimal firmness to satisfy most sleepers. It is a true medium feel. I’m glad they didn’t go too soft on this one. If you find its too firm you can always add a mattress topper but most sleepers will find this comfortable.
Here’s a picture of my 14 lb. bowling ball on the mattress to illustrate how much sink it has.
There is really no motion transfer since it is an all foam mattress. Here’s a video showing how little movement you actually get.
Now let’s take a look inside the mattress. This will give you the best idea of how it will feel short of laying down on it.
In the video below you can see how fast each layer recovers. There’s nothing particularly unique about this mattress except that the price is amazing and you get a celliant cover.
Here’s a picture of the cover. There is a zipper at the bottom so you can unzip it and wash if need be but I strongly recommend a mattress protector. Even with a mattress protector and sheets, you will still get the benefits of the Celliant fiber through these layers
My Amazon Rivet Mattress Recommendation
For the money, you will be hard pressed to find a better value right now. This mattress is made in the USA. Usually, mattresses with this construction at this price point are made in China. There are certainly better options out there if you want a more luxurious feel or would prefer springs. However, if you are seeking good pressure relief and want minimal partner disturbance on a budget, this is a great choice. Because you also get a 100-night trial, Amazon took the risk out of the equation as well.
Before launching this model, Amazon came out with their “Amazon Basics” mattress which is even cheaper than this one but between the two, I would recommend the Rivet for its feel, quality and the added benefits of Celliant.